I bought a few of these a couple years ago and stashed them away. A Cab/Merlot blend from the Veneto that is about 15 bucks retail. I cracked one open tonight and it was incredible. After about an hour of air, tasting blind with my nerdy wine group, the consensus was Bordeaux. But no! I wish I had a case of this. Amazing wine and proves that you can cellar wines that are 15 bucks or less and reap the rewards. Holding wine for a year or two is within your reach; go for it!
2001 Maculan Brentino: Who Knew?
Tell Us What you Think
Most Recent Posts
- Champagne, Doritos, and Sand
- What’s the best process for tasting wine?
- Fantastic White Wines and Sparkling from Lucien Albrecht
- Can experts really judge the quality of wines accurately? What’s the science behind the tasting process?
- Traveling 54 Years in One Evening with Two Wines