I bought a few of these a couple years ago and stashed them away. A Cab/Merlot blend from the Veneto that is about 15 bucks retail. I cracked one open tonight and it was incredible. After about an hour of air, tasting blind with my nerdy wine group, the consensus was Bordeaux. But no! I wish I had a case of this. Amazing wine and proves that you can cellar wines that are 15 bucks or less and reap the rewards. Holding wine for a year or two is within your reach; go for it!
2001 Maculan Brentino: Who Knew?
Tell Us What you Think
Most Recent Posts
- This Wine Has Invisible Oak, No Magic Involved
- A Trio of Philadelphia Places from Breakfast to Dinner (or Vice-Versa or in Whatever Order)
- Cool Wine Shop Alert: Forêt in Ridgewood, Queens
- My Profile of Odd Fox Coffee for Fresh Cup Magazine
- Go Gamay Go: Two Bottles Starring My Favorite Red Grape