I bought a few of these a couple years ago and stashed them away. A Cab/Merlot blend from the Veneto that is about 15 bucks retail. I cracked one open tonight and it was incredible. After about an hour of air, tasting blind with my nerdy wine group, the consensus was Bordeaux. But no! I wish I had a case of this. Amazing wine and proves that you can cellar wines that are 15 bucks or less and reap the rewards. Holding wine for a year or two is within your reach; go for it!
2001 Maculan Brentino: Who Knew?
Tell Us What you Think
Most Recent Posts
- What It’s Like to Be a Wine Buyer at a Grocery Store
- Wines to Match with Black Bean and Pepita Balls
- A Liter of Italian Rosé Perfect for Tacos
- Best Wine Travel Destinations on Snacky Tunes
- Defend Oaky White Wines and Hug a Barrel