I bought a few of these a couple years ago and stashed them away. A Cab/Merlot blend from the Veneto that is about 15 bucks retail. I cracked one open tonight and it was incredible. After about an hour of air, tasting blind with my nerdy wine group, the consensus was Bordeaux. But no! I wish I had a case of this. Amazing wine and proves that you can cellar wines that are 15 bucks or less and reap the rewards. Holding wine for a year or two is within your reach; go for it!
2001 Maculan Brentino: Who Knew?
Tell Us What you Think
Most Recent Posts
- Go Gamay Go: Two Bottles Starring My Favorite Red Grape
- When Alsace Drinks Like Burgundy (Wait…Nah.)
- Unexpected Wine and Food Match in James Salter’s Novel “Light Years”
- Fossil & Fawn Alien Juice is From Outer Space
- Persephone Wines Pét Nat is the Perfect Afternoon Wine