Yes! More Mencia! I have loved the 2003 and 2004 (hold on, long name) Decendientes de Jose Palacios Petalos. I finally tried the 2005 and it is just as good. Great natural richness and wonderful minerality. Kind of like a Cru Beaujolais crossed with a kick-ass Tuscan (Fontalloro, anbody?). About 19 bucks, and would benefit from a couple years of cellaring.
All Bierzo, All The Time
Tell Us What you Think
Most Recent Posts
- How do people feel about the fact that red wine is partly bitter?
- Champagne, Doritos, and Sand
- What’s the best process for tasting wine?
- Fantastic White Wines and Sparkling from Lucien Albrecht
- Can experts really judge the quality of wines accurately? What’s the science behind the tasting process?