Are you intimidated by oysters? Looking to expand your eating repertoire beyond the half shell? Then you should be as excited as me to get this cookbook by my friend Cynthia Nims:
Before I gave away the majority of my worldly possessions and left Seattle for New York City, I spent some time with Cynthia at her home chatting all things oyster for my Wine Without Worry podcast.
When I think of all the things I miss about Seattle, one is definitely talking food and wine with Cynthia. She also shares an affinity for salty snacks and wine, irrefutable evidence Cynthia’s a good egg. (Incidentally, she’s a fan of deviled eggs.) So come take a stroll down a bivalve-strewn memory lane. Topics discussed:
- Oyster misconceptions
- Best way for beginners to enjoy them
- Terroir of the sea: merroir (cute)
- How to buy oysters
- My favorite wine pairings
- Not drinking wine with oysters (GASP!)
- Surprising preparations that go beyond the classics
- FINALLY: How do you follow up a book about oysters?
Have a listen:Tags: books about oysters, how to cook oysters, how to select oysters, oyster cookbook, oyster wines, oysters