I had something strange happen; I drank I wine that I had not had in many months that I had really liked, and found myself not liking it so much. It was the 2001 Maculan Brentino, an Italian Cab/Merlot blend. I didn’t remember it having so much new oak and extraction. I have to say my friends really enjoyed it, though. Maybe the problem was I also had opened a 1997 Frescobaldi Chianti Rufina Reserva Nippozzano. That was a great wine, very elegant. Still had a lot of life and benefited from being decanted. The best part about it was it was one of those head-scratching deals so I only paid like 12 bucks for it. Sweet!
On Second Thought…
Tell Us What you Think
Most Recent Posts
- Answering Wine Questions on Quora
- This Italian White Wine Belongs in Your Cellar and It’s a Great Value
- This Wine is Indestructable
- Here’s $37. Buy a bottle of Prosecco.
- Teaching a Wine Class in Reno: Part II