Put The Saint Cosme Cotes du Rhone on Your Dinner Table
Year after year, the Saint Cosme Cotes du Rhone is one of my favorite wines. With an ocean of Cotes du Rhone available, it stands out to me for a few reasons:
- It’s made from 100% Syrah. Most Cotes du Rhone I come across tend to be in large part made from Grenache. It’s a great way to get more familiar with Syrah.
- Aged in large vats rather than oak barrels, the Saint Cosme isn’t heavy, and the purity of the fruit really comes through. This makes for a versatile, food-friendly wine. I love it with pizza.
- Magnums! Thankfully not just the priciest of wines are bottled in the 1.5L size. Bring this to a dinner party and you will be a rock star. Magnums=fun.
- There is something about the label that I find charming. I wouldn’t mind living in that house, sitting underneath a tree with my glass of Cotes du Rhone
- Saint Cosme also makes an excellent white Cotes du Rhone. A blend of Marsanne, Viognier, Roussanne, and Picpoul, it’s a white with some richness that would be great with pork, chicken, or richer seafood dishes.
, saint cosme