Today I would have been back in Chicago, but the adventure continues. Last night we had a bit of a big dance party here in the tasting room/communal dining room. Nico had some of his friends over and we started the evening with port aperitifs. We had about five vintages of port, many in magnum. We also drank a Bas Armagnac from 1934. Nico said we would drink from the same producer back to 1904. After dinner we cranked up the stereo and had a big dance party. I lasted until 2am but some people were up to 7am…then we had to go punch down the caps at 8am. Ugh.
The Burgundy Diaries: 10/9/04 Dance Party and Port
Tell Us What you Think
Most Recent Posts
- There Are Shower Beers But Are There Shower Wines?
- Anxiety, Blind Tasting, and Wine Education
- My New Wine Segment on the Snacky Tunes Podcast
- Three North Fork Long Island Summer Wines
- What It’s Like to Be a Wine Buyer at a Grocery Store