Today I would have been back in Chicago, but the adventure continues. Last night we had a bit of a big dance party here in the tasting room/communal dining room. Nico had some of his friends over and we started the evening with port aperitifs. We had about five vintages of port, many in magnum. We also drank a Bas Armagnac from 1934. Nico said we would drink from the same producer back to 1904. After dinner we cranked up the stereo and had a big dance party. I lasted until 2am but some people were up to 7am…then we had to go punch down the caps at 8am. Ugh.
The Burgundy Diaries: 10/9/04 Dance Party and Port
Tell Us What you Think
Most Recent Posts
- Discover Grosgrain, A Very Cool Walla Walla Winery for Fun Fizz and More
- Does wine continue to ferment in the bottle?
- Who Wants a Light, Fresh, Low-Alcohol Organic Spanish White Wine?
- Oppose 100% Tariffs on European Wine (and More!)
- My Favorite Books of 2019