Our retinue has grown; people are arriving to work the harvest. Now with Joseph, Justin, and I are joined by a winemaker from Austrailia (Josh from Moss Wood) and one from South Africa (Richard). Both are cool; we are becoming a very cosmopolitan group. Today we all tasted some exquisite white wines in Mersault, M. Bouzerau. Barrel tasted a heavenly Puligny Montrachet and then he busted out a bottle of 97 Mersault that was heavenly. We just stood around in the cellar and drank it. Tonight we are finally tasting with Nicholas Potel and then a BBQ at his lovely home.
The Burgundy Diaries: 9/18/04 The Retinue Grows
Tell Us What you Think
Most Recent Posts
- Freemark Abbey Cabernet Bosché is a Napa Valley Classic
- Do You Know Petit Verdot?
- Wine Two Five Podcast Guest Appearance
- Do You Drink Rosé Wine Beyond The Pale?
- Sweet Wines, First and Foremost, Are Wines