The list of wineries at this weekend’s Taste Washington 2012 is a little mind-boggling. If you could taste all the wines from every winery, and make diligent and serious use of the spit bucket, I’d give you some kind of medal or award. Or at least a toothbrush and a cold beer. While there are certainly more than 10 wineries I’m going to visit, everybody loves a good Top 10 list, no? In alphabetical order:
- Beresan: For some Carmenere.
- Buty: For one of the best white wines in the state.
- Chinook: For a Cab Franc to chill down; a great summer red.
- Doubleback: For fans of wine and football.
- Dusted Valley: For staining your teeth. And possibly a toothbrush.
- Efeste: For Final Final.
- Figgins: For the love of Leonetti.
- Gilbert: For a refreshing rosé of Mourvédre
- Hedges: For more rosé, and some frank, provocative wine talk.
- Kiona: For Lemberger love.
Or maybe you’d rather take your Taste Washington tips from a handsome(r) blogger? The Northwest Wine Anthem will help you get strategic. And you know the Washington Wine Report has some knowledge to share as well.
So what have I overlooked? Let me know in the comments. Or corral me on Sunday.
Full disclosure: I have received a pass to this event as a member of the media.