Currently I am a Content Editor for a wellness site, RoundGlass. As part of the Food team I helped launch our culinary hub, which you can view here.
Prior to RoundGlass I worked at Google as a Content Editor.
- The time Sam Neill was on my podcast.
- I researched and wrote this Lakes of the World quiz for Google Earth.
- For Tenderly: Keep your Wi-Fi-enabled instant pot. I’m an old-fashioned slow cooker kinda guy.
- What does an Odd Fox have to do with coffee? Find out in Fresh Cup.
Ten Things About Me:
- I have adopted a cat named Gucci. He is my regal dude.
- My style has three dull facets: grey Patagucci midweight zip-up, grey Patagucci lightweight zip-up, white T-shirts.
- I’ve worked in restaurants and bakeries in Flagstaff and Chicago.
- Spent a decade in Seattle entirely on Capitol Hill, wrote 17 Things I’ll Miss About Seattle before leaving for New York, then recently-ish moved back and now live on the edge of Capitol Hill in the Central District.
- Birds and flowers are my main jams. I like it when they, along with cats, are highly represented in the works of an artist. (I own four Agathe Signer prints.)
- I desperately wanted to take a trip to Utah to track tiny owls, but it was canceled. (Look up flammulated owls.)
- I cook a pot of beans every week in my slow cooker.
- No interest in an Instant Pot.
- Another weekly habit? Baking a loaf of bread.
- I’m happy that you read all of these, and hope you’ll visit often.
I moved all the way from Seattle to New York in 2015 to become Senior Editor at Wine Enthusiast. (I was also Senior Digital Editor.) Read my personal essays for The Thuse from the final page (“Last Drop”) of these issues:
The first: “Flying Blind While Tasting Wine.” It’s all about anxiety.
The second: Traveling wine country with my mom after the death of my father. Read “Growing Closer in Distant Vineyards.”
The third: Mop Buckets and Monumental Bordeaux.
Prior to that I was Drinks Editor at msn.com, answering wine questions you were afraid to ask.
Wondering what it’s like to live on a family farm and cidery in the dead of winter? I wrote about that, too. (Edible Seattle)
Look at all the posts I wrote for Grape Collective:
Peruse my nearly five years of work as Wine Editor for Foodista.com.
2013 Saveur Best Food Blog Awards finalist in the Wine or Beer Blog Category? And 2015 finalist for Best Wine Coverage? Yes and yes.
I love Skittles more than Marshawn Lynch.
Wine Without Worry: The Podcast. Great for treadmill time, long car rides, horrific commutes.
Check out my ebook in the Beginners Guide to Wine series! How could you not have a thirst to know more about Melon de Bourgogne? (Seriously!)