One of the worst “truths” about food and wine pairings is that asparagus does not go well with wine. This is completely wrong! Here is a list of wines I would drink with asparagus:
- Sparkling Wine (Prosecco, Cremant, Champagne)
- Chenin Blanc (Loire Valley or South Africa)
- Riesling (dry from Australia or Austria, dry to semi-sweet from Germany)
- Sauvignon Blanc (from anywhere)
- Alsatian White (Pinot Blanc or field blend)
I might even go red wine territory if you broiled or grilled the asparagus and got a bit of a char on it. I’m thinking Chilean Carmenere.
Love the foodista widget! =)
Thanks for adding them. Keep on adding. I love your blog.
I love the widgets! They are addictive. Thanks for the kudos!