Before that amazing 1994 Fontalloro I had my last 2002 Baumard Savennières. It was a great way to start the evening. The previous bottle was very tasty and fresh, but not so complex. This bottle, however, had wonderful richness that bordered on sweetness, but with loads of acidity to finish fresh. Amazing that this is a white that was a hair over 20 bucks on the shelf. Chenin Blanc from the Loire is still amazingly under-priced for the quality and ageworthyness (is that a word?) you get. I am excited to try the 2002 Clos du Papillon that I still have.
Tell Us What you Think
Most Recent Posts
- My Morning Oatmeal with Cayenne, Ginger, and Cinnamon
- Around The Year in 80 Books
- Botanically Delicious Soda
- 3 Extremely Non-Boring Booze-Free Fizzy Waters
- Overlooked/Underrated: Godello