Felsina is my favorite Chianti producer and their top wine, the Fontalloro, has been one of my favorites. It’s 100% Sangiovese. The 1999 is one of the best reds I have had, period. So I almost passed out when I was at a local wine shop and saw the 1994 vintage. It was amazing. It has lovely, mature, secondary characteristics; lots of licorice and leather. The concentration of fruit was incredible on the mid-palate and the finish was so fresh. This is a wine that rewards your patience! Beyond highly recommended.
Tell Us What you Think
Most Recent Posts
- My Morning Oatmeal with Cayenne, Ginger, and Cinnamon
- Around The Year in 80 Books
- Botanically Delicious Soda
- 3 Extremely Non-Boring Booze-Free Fizzy Waters
- Overlooked/Underrated: Godello