In Argentina there are lots of great rich reds at great prices with extremely pleasing amounts of fruit, oak, and acidity . But if you are looking for wines that will surprise insufferable old-world, French wine snobs (like myself), you need to try the wines from Catena Zapata. From the Chardonnay to the Cabernet and Malbec in either Catena or Alta lines, these are some truly distinct wines from Argentina. It’s a combination of high-altitude fruit, relatively early picking, and un-lavish (I know, not a word) treatment in the winery. And this is what the winery looks like.
Tell Us What you Think
Most Recent Posts
- The Longest DJ Residency…Ever?
- My Morning Oatmeal with Cayenne, Ginger, and Cinnamon
- Around The Year in 80 Books
- Botanically Delicious Soda
- 3 Extremely Non-Boring Booze-Free Fizzy Waters