Once again, I am realizing how great these wines are. I drank a 1999 Calon-Segur and it was stunning. So elegant and silky; I think the 1999 vintage is drinking great right now and a bargain compared to the 2000s. (Though having drank some mind-blowing 2000s, I wouldn’t hesitate to pay extra). The Calon-Segur went through many phases, from pretty and elegant, to mineral/pencil lead, and plush with fruit and a bit of tannin. What an incredible wine!
Don’t Sleep on Bordeaux!
Tell Us What you Think
Most Recent Posts
- The Longest DJ Residency…Ever?
- My Morning Oatmeal with Cayenne, Ginger, and Cinnamon
- Around The Year in 80 Books
- Botanically Delicious Soda
- 3 Extremely Non-Boring Booze-Free Fizzy Waters