I had something strange happen; I drank I wine that I had not had in many months that I had really liked, and found myself not liking it so much. It was the 2001 Maculan Brentino, an Italian Cab/Merlot blend. I didn’t remember it having so much new oak and extraction. I have to say my friends really enjoyed it, though. Maybe the problem was I also had opened a 1997 Frescobaldi Chianti Rufina Reserva Nippozzano. That was a great wine, very elegant. Still had a lot of life and benefited from being decanted. The best part about it was it was one of those head-scratching deals so I only paid like 12 bucks for it. Sweet!
On Second Thought…
Tell Us What you Think
Most Recent Posts
- The Longest DJ Residency…Ever?
- My Morning Oatmeal with Cayenne, Ginger, and Cinnamon
- Around The Year in 80 Books
- Botanically Delicious Soda
- 3 Extremely Non-Boring Booze-Free Fizzy Waters