I love a good back label. The Colombelle white (Ugni Blanc/Colombard) has been one of my all-time favorite whites for years. I love that chugger from Gascogny! But don’t sleep on the red. What makes it unique is that it’s mostly Tannat, which makes wines that are hard as nails; real bruisers. This version, however, with Cab and Merlot and a modest 12% alcohol, is so easy-drinking that they even recommend serving it slightly chilled. (It would kill at a summer outdoor BBQ.) I also appreciate the little map that shows you exactly where the wine comes from. And if you’re not familiar with Tannat (don’t worry, I won’t blame you), you get that info right up front. Bravo, Producteurs Plaimont!
Tannat? Why Not?
Tell Us What you Think
Most Recent Posts
- The Longest DJ Residency…Ever?
- My Morning Oatmeal with Cayenne, Ginger, and Cinnamon
- Around The Year in 80 Books
- Botanically Delicious Soda
- 3 Extremely Non-Boring Booze-Free Fizzy Waters