Normally I like my rosés pale and bone dry, where the fruit is pretty subdued. Usually your darker rosés tend to the tutti-fruity, off-dry style. But I will admit to enjoying the 2006 The Wolftrap Rosé from South Africa. It’s a blend of Syrah, Cinsault, and Grenache. There is definitely some up-front fruit, but it has a nice, dry lively finish that cleanses your palate. I think this would be the ultimate wine for cheeseburgers off the grill, outside, on a warm, sunny day. It’s guzzle-able.
The Red Wine Drinker’s Rosé
Tell Us What you Think
Most Recent Posts
- Thoughts on My Year of 94 Books
- The Longest DJ Residency…Ever?
- My Morning Oatmeal with Cayenne, Ginger, and Cinnamon
- Around The Year in 80 Books
- Botanically Delicious Soda