I was eating at a Thai place in my area, a basic noodle and curry joint. I peep the wine list and they have some crazy shit! How crazy? How about two vintages of Mouton-Rothschild! A D’Yquem! How you like that with your Pad Thai? I settled on a gem with a very reasonable markup: a 2001 Baumard Clos du Papillon Savennieres. For 38 bucks! Food-wise, it would have been better to have an off-dry Riesling, but what the hell!
The Strangest of Places
Tell Us What you Think
Most Recent Posts
- Thoughts on My Year of 94 Books
- The Longest DJ Residency…Ever?
- My Morning Oatmeal with Cayenne, Ginger, and Cinnamon
- Around The Year in 80 Books
- Botanically Delicious Soda