Hello from Reno! I am back again to visit my Mom and teach another wine class for her and a group of neighbors. If you missed my last one, it was all about Syrah.
This time, I’m focusing on some grapes deserving more love. It’s a smokin’ lineup, if I do say so myself. I got the wines from K&L Wine Merchants. The six bottles:
- Semillon: 2016 Silkman Sémillon Hunter Valley New South Wales (Hunter Valley, Australia) $20
- Chenin Blanc: 2017 A.A. Badenhorst Secateurs Chenin Blanc Swartland (South Africa) $15
- Cinsault: 2017 Two Shepherds Bechtold Vineyard Lodi Cinsault (Lodi, CA) $25
- Gamay: 2017 Château Thivin Côte de Brouilly Cru Beaujolais (Beaujolais, FR) $27
- Dolcetto: 2016 Roberto Voerzio “Priavino” Dolcetto d’Alba (Piedmont, IT) $25
- Cabernet Franc: 2016 Charles Joguet “Les Petites Roches” Chinon (Loire Valley, FR) $22
Stay tuned for a recap.
Tags: wine tastings